When the weather's nice, you'll find many people barbecuing on grills. Americans sure love barbecued beef and pork, but did you know that chicken seems to be the hands-down favorite meat? In fact, according to Statista, 81% of those surveyed in 2017 responded that they usually barbecue chicken. Nothing is more important to a great barbecue than finding the right BBQ hot sauce. If you like a little heat on your barbecued meat, here are five BBQ hot sauces you should slather on top of those wings or drumsticks.
If you like full flavor with a bit of heat but aren't looking for that full flame effect, here are two milder bbq hot sauces:
- Rufus Teague Touch O' Heat BBQ Sauce -- This Kansas City-style barbecue sauce is thick and balances smoke and sweet nicely. It's great on chicken or pulled pork, and it contains no additives or high fructose corn syrup.
- Hot Ones The Classic Chili Maple -- This BBQ hot sauce combines real maple syrup with apple cider vinegar, Fresno chili, and garlic umami. Sweet and tangy with mild heat, this classic is perfect for grilled veggies, roasted chicken, or even breakfast waffles and eggs.
Sweet and Spicy
Here's an award-winning option that plays it down the middle:
- Cowtown BBQ Night Of The Living Bar-B-Q Sauce -- This is another K.C. style sauce that won the 2002 American Royal Best Hot Barbecue Sauce award. Its chipotle-forward flavor is versatile enough to barbecue beef, pork, fish, and poultry. It also packs a good kick for those hot wings.
And finally, here are two BBQ hot sauces that'll have you crying and smiling at the same time:
- Puckerbutt Pepper Co. Unique Garlique -- This sauce gets its heat from Carolina Reaper, Trinidad Scorpion, and 7-Pot Primo peppers. You'll savor the delicious Italian seasoning and garlic umami flavors as that legendary Reaper slow burn starts to kick in. Besides grilling, you can use this barbecue sauce to spice up an eggplant parm, a meatball sub, or any tomato sauce.
- Karma Sauce Scorpion Disco -- This molten sauce has made more than one celebrity cry on camera. It earned a 1st Place Golden Chile in the Ghost Pepper Sauce category at the 2021 Fiery Food Challenge. A microdose is all you'll need to feel these flames.
If you're looking to buy the perfect BBQ sauce for your next barbecue, then visit us at Brooksies Propane. We can help you find just the right flavor.